Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Family of Correctional Officers




Family of Correctional Officers
On November, 1993 both my father and brother started the Richard McGee Correctional Basic Correctional Academy.  My father as 48 years of age and was the only provider for our family.  In addition, he left his current job to become a Correctional Officer with the condition if did not pass the academy he would return without a job.  The reason he wanted to be a Correctional Officer was so that he could provide a better lifestyle for our family . My family of six lived in a one bedroom home.  My brother left to the academy at the age of 21, he was married and had his first child on the way.  He would not be there when his first would be born and he also left his job knowing if he did not pass he would not have a job.  Despite their struggles, they both graduated from the academy.  As a life-long correctional officers, my father and brother inspired me to follow in their footsteps and to be part of that special bond they share.

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete