Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Trapped Inside




My MVP choice for “Girl Interrupted.” is Polly. Polly was hospitalized at McLean hospital for schizophrenia and depression. For some reason she burned herself with gasoline all in her upper torso and no one could or was scarred to ask her why she did it. Polly was the one person all the girls felt comfortable with. She was very happy and unselfish who also had the most courage. Susana would say, who would have the guts to burn themselves.  Susana tried to commit suicide by taking fifty aspirin knowing she would walk out in public an someone would find her. However, Polly tried burning herself alone where no one could find her. That is why I chose Polly, her courage. Because she had the guts she was highly respected. Since Polly had schizophrenia, I believe she was trying to commit suicide by burning herself, voices in her told her to do it. Despite her not dieing she would always live inside a scarred body.  Polly was in the hospital over a year and would often see people cry and scream. Her presence would comfort them. One morning the girls heard someone crying, Lisa heard someone scream, “Aaaaaah!” and “Eeeee!” Then the words. “My face! My face! My face!” that was the first time Polly had seen herself. She realized what she had done for trying to burn her problems away. Schizophrenia is brain disorder that makes one hear voices other people cannot hear. It can terrify a person.  Polly was my MVP for her courage. 

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete